• Welcome to the a2b2 discussion board
  • Check out the main site here
  • Get some merch here
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Title: Guys, are small vehicles just prettier
Thread Modes
I originally wrote many paragraphs about different types of vehicle, cars, sailboats, trains, pick up trucks, and planes and how I find the smaller examples of each category better looking but I relized it was just I fealing I got, but I don’t quite know how.

I think it might be that smaller vehicles better communicate movement, and that there is no dissonance between the design and the use, or at least between different aspects of their design. I don’t find big ships to be ugly, especially big sailing ships. Bigger ships recuire less relative effort to move than small ones. Just look at the hull to sail ratio on small sailboats and big ships. Luxury SUVs like the cadilac escalade especially have this dissonance. It looks like the fucking dababy convertible from the side, weighs 2,7 tons and is over 5m long. It has no right having a 6.2 litre v8 and a 0 to 100 of 7 seconds.

It could also be that most big vehicles look like overgrown versions of normal sized vehicles. Take the bmw ix or the range rover as an example, or any large sailboat with only one mast.

Whenever I look at old cars and motorcycles, and vehicles of all kinds, I often find myself celebrating how cute and practical they look. The WV type 1 had a super simple dash with only what you needed for driving. Kind of like a giant go kart. I read about a sailboat (najad 395 ac) that was designed by a superyacht designer. The designer took the lines running forwards through the handrails to “hide” them for aesthetics, despite it making the boat less usable and uglier. It’s this anti use design I don’t like.

Do you guys agree with me? That small vehicles look better on average. Maby I just want to see more cute cars