A2B2

Full Version: Community Mixtape
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Monthly community mix tape. 

6+ participants to come up with 2 songs each based around a chosen theme or genre. 

This was 's idea but I think it's such a great idea I made a thread before he could.

Anybody interested?
For a theme I'm thinking it should have a reason to be kind of disjointed so something like

[*]Sound Sampler where they are suppose to be different flavors like J dillas Donuts
[*]A fake support group meeting
[*]Cetaceans and their songs 
[*]A fast food drive thru
[*]Shitty Comic Sans 
[*]Now! 666
[*]Beats that make you go.  hmm

I think as a community there is a lot of fast edm and hip hop and psychedelic imagery so something to take advantage of that would probably be best
Love these theme ideas, reminds me of gamejams. 

Here are a few theme ideas I brainstormed, they're not all gold

• Sci fi drugs: "It's Time To Hit The Psychedeath"
  • Things Fall Apart After A while
  • Utopia is for Losers
  • Earth Is Paved With Rust
  • If You Want It Done Right (Do it wrong)
  • Dr Jekyl vs Mr Hyde
  • After Hours in the future
  • Recycle something old
  • Welcome to Cyberspace 2084
  • Back To Where It All Began
  • Lost Soundtrack to Polybius (based on the arcade game that is an urban legend)
  • Pieces of unfinished pieces: bricolage, collage, and assemblage
  • Mistakes Were Made (and we like it)
  • After The Smoke Clears
  • That Which Has Been Seen Cannot Be Unseen
So what should we name the mixtape project?

Since it's starting small, should we stick to a theme here or should we do it like a sample flip challenge where we're flipping a song or album?

I normally use synths myself but I'm open to sampling again.

If it's not official a2b2 community mixtape maybe we could just throw it on an icecast or funkwhale since every platform is on fire right now, or maybe if it is official it starts the next chapter with those things anyway
Hey

here is my contribution to the community mix tape idea. good idea vooodude. went with the vibe of the theme ideas and would be happy to be a part of the tape if one happens

neverclear - put me in coach (ep)30 mins, 4 tracks

[Image: cover.png]

https://neverclear.bandcamp.com/album/put-me-in-coach
Understand everyone is busy with holidays, life, etc etc but definitely hmu if this starts cooking
I might rock this
We need to all hop into a discord call or something and work out exactly what we are making and our goals then we can make the thread for December - January.
alrighty. will have to dig out my login
I made new account there, the u/n is: neverclear.

[with the dot, same avatar as this acct and my sc,bc, and yt.]

So I'm not on the official discord or whatever but maybe some of the other ppl from the other mix tapes want to throw down?
Pages: 1 2