A2B2

Full Version: Headphones & other Audio Equipment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Post your most recent favorite headphone, IEM, speakers, or other Audio Equipment.
Share your setup or what you would like to have.  Big Grin  Big Grin

Recently picked up a product from Moondrop, a popular Chinese manufacturer with popular products such as the Kanas Pro, KXXS, and Starfield. The product I bought was the newly released Aria (2021), an in-ear headphone coming in at $80 usd, and have been burning them in for about 200 hours now.
[Image: image.png]
The aria utilizes a single 10mm dynamic driver, with a frequency response of from 5Hz-36000Hz, and a sensitivity 122dB/Vrms (), these headphones are not at all hard to drive (32Ω) and work fine coming out of a laptop output or as how I've been using them with a apple dongle out of my 11 pro. A good way to take them a step further is using a dedicated amp like the Schiit Magni or a pmp like my FiiO m6 to really bring out what these Iems can produce.
Build quality is the best of the Iems I've used, they have some weight to them from their metal injected cavities, but not too heavy as to be uncomfortable. The cloth wrapped cable they come with I believe is the same as the cable that comes with the drop exclusive KXXX headphone, folds nicely and can be stuffed in the small clamshell case that comes with the headphone.
In terms of sound, the best I can describe is they sound amazing, Listening to Fishmans "IN THE FLIGHT," Honzi's violin playing is some of the most brain tingly crispy I've heard out of an IEM. For bass I picked a more of an imaging track, Hunter by Björk. I listened to this track to get a taste of its soundstage and imaging reproduction but noticed is clean bass response, it wasn't quite muddy but not as punchy as say a more bassy IEM like the Sennheiser IE80
Imaging and soundstage, aside from Björk's track, I use Abyss' audios headphone tests to further test the sound staging. If i could draw a shape to where the certain points landed, it would make a pill or an ellipse shape, leaning a bit more forward.
ok so basically, this is an absolutely killer In ear Headphone and has a cool waifu on the box.
https://www.moondroplab.com/aria
Ok I recently bought tin t3s and an ifi hip dac. I know this setup is supposed to be portable, but I need to make it feel more portable. Rn I just put both inside a fanny pack slung around my shoulder and listen that way.