• Welcome to the a2b2 discussion board
  • Check out the main site here
  • Get some merch here
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Title: Cyberpunk
Thread Modes
It's been a while since I've had access to my terminal. I thought up the rudiments for a story set in a near-utopia, where a man recreates a lost loved one as a highly complex chat bot. He built this flatline-esque construct to give himself closure, but he ends up revisiting it over and over simply to relive the grief and pain of what happened. The story would hold a (likely uninspired) critique of the 'Ship of Theseus' thought experiment, proposing that regardless of the ship's originality the true ship is the ship that sails, that undergoes change - ergo, the man's perfect copy of his beloved is rooted in a single snapshot of their mind, making them a beached ship with no way forward. His dead loved one, while gone, was the only true version of themselves. His pain comes with the desire to cling to a duplicate of a ship that has already sailed.

It's a bit messy, needs some refinement and some reworking but the fundamentals are there.

As a bonus, this is a vest I've been working on. this is only a mockup, everything is subject to change.

[Image: back-mock.png]

[Image: front-mock.png]
tik tik tik tiktiktiktik... da dum... DA DUM...

YOOOOOOOOOO

I like the story framework. I like that it has to do  with the follies of resurrection, but the main conflict comes from the resurrecter's internal flaws rather than a flaw with the resurrection process itself. I also feel like setting it in a near-utopia could be a nice contrast between the world and the main character. Something like even though almost everyone's needs are met he's still this pocket of suffering in an otherwise near perfect world; idk I'm not a writer.
I'll definitely be checking it out if you release it.

Cool vest design. I think it'd also be a pretty cool plate carrier design, too.
...エ'ᛖ  Д  ЯΞДᎱエᎦて,  んфて  ᎦфᛖΞ  ʄффᎱ.  ДᎱᎱ  てᚺДて  エ'ᏤΞ  ωДんてΞð  てф  ðф  ωДᎦ  てф  ЯΞᏤエᏤΞ  てᚺΞ  ωДyᎦ  фʄ  фᎱð...

(11-24-2021, 03:45 PM)CadaverAssembly Wrote: I like the story framework. I like that it has to do  with the follies of resurrection, but the main conflict comes from the resurrecter's internal flaws rather than a flaw with the resurrection process itself. I also feel like setting it in a near-utopia could be a nice contrast between the world and the main character. Something like even though almost everyone's needs are met he's still this pocket of suffering in an otherwise near perfect world; idk I'm not a writer.
I'll definitely be checking it out if you release it.

Cool vest design. I think it'd also be a pretty cool plate carrier design, too.

Sound praise, thank you. And yes, I thought the dissonance of suffering in a world constructed to erase that experience would be interesting. Plays into those themes of isolation and loneliness in grief.

Could look fun on a plate carrier. Less space to work with, but it'd play right into a militant space pirate aesthetic or some shit.

[Image: breakingpoint.png]
tik tik tik tiktiktiktik... da dum... DA DUM...

YOOOOOOOOOO

(10-25-2021, 02:18 PM)chromedragon Wrote: Something seems to be wrong with the forum. Absolutely no cyberpunk general discussions. If it's your thing post imagery, fashion inspo, thoughts on the overarching genre, anything. If it isn't your thing, why not do those things anyway? Might find a new passion.

I'll drop in with something I find cool once in a while, try to keep the conversation rolling. Take care netstalkers.
[Image: https://i.ibb.co/26Vvv8z/zero-g-prison-ships.png pizza tower
I also have the same idea because I am keen on cyberpunk

I hate how cyberpunk is just bloomed neon purple and LOL80sretro now. It's like candyland and not shadowrun