• Welcome to the a2b2 discussion board
  • Check out the main site here
  • Get some merch here
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Title: What are your religious views?
Thread Modes
I worship rarely at the feet of Arshea, from Pathfinder RPG
Otherwise, I know I’ve seen a cat. That cat doesn’t see me, it sees a mother or father. The only thing I birth is music. I’m not god. No questions, I’m just a lord of hellfire, not the foe of it. Confusing? Yes. I have already explained why

Lmao whoops. Mixed signals. Shaken and stirred
Lmao ?. Shh love you. Starve and feed cold fever. Careful fragile. Don’t worry so much we got you
https://holographicbeamforming.bandcamp....rete-satin
Maknig some stuff

shiva, brahma, and vishnu are in control of everything
[Image: 1-CDN6o-MPt-YX-4o-D4eth-Mh-KA.png]

I was baptized so that i'd be able to attend a catholic school, but i've never really been into organized religion, or believed anything religiously. it'd be cool if there was a higher power knocking about, but i'd rather not personify it.
[Image: LRmLb3M.gif]

Angel pretty much hope for the best Angel
[Image: 1865-921265714622285-8120810936332177245-n.jpg]

I am a hardcore materialist atheist.

I grew up in an United Methodist Church, raised by a Lutheran mother and a poor, military father, found the internet and forums while running sound for the church, researched religious views on death (Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Jainism, etc.) for a paper, and through a total boredom with church life and church talk and church, I became atheist. Eventually, I filled in the reasons for staying with it, but now I just don't care to talk about it much anymore unless someone is being militant towards me with their views.

I even went through various experiences with meditation based faiths, like Buddhism, Hinduism, and Hare Krishna. It's all the same to me: laws, rules, precepts of obedience handed down through a hierarchy you can never truly climb up, that works off of guilt, shame, fear, or all of the above, to make sure you never even try to think about climbing the hierarchy. It's literally all the same. 

Becoming atheist has allowed me to fully grasp climate realities, technological, socioeconomic realities, and is a fundamental underlying pillar of my personal life philosophy, and general outlook. It also probably has destroyed a lot of positive things I was previously supported by. Becoming atheist also allowed me to open up to new ideological modes of thought, especially anarchist political thought.

In short, I am atheist because I don't want to live in a universe where a god exists.

Christian perspective ➕

Grew up Mormon, turned atheist. I now go to a Swedenborgian Christian School. I am agnostic however I do believe in "something", maybe. Tough question.

Rainbow 
I grew up being taught about different religions and culturally appropriating their holidays every year, lol. I'm not Judaist but we celebrated Hannukah and I believe we even did Kwanza at some point. I have no clue why we did it but, looking back it has definitely shaped me into not falling into a tunnel-vision perspective. Also, learning about different cultures at a young age I think was some good foresight from my parent!

I actually grew up learning about the seasons and celebrated the solstices. I guess you would call that paganism, but honestly, it makes the most sense in my brain because I have fond memories of actually learning about something that's tangible.

I also have fond memories of my Christian grandma screaming bloody murder when she found our books about celebrating the solstices and calling it witchcraft, good crucible vibes.

I also have a memory of trying an out-of-body meditation from one of the books when I was around 9 and I felt my body begin to sink and I freaked out and never did it again, haha.

Definitely find myself in the agnostic section but I guess I have my spiritual roots due to my upbringing. I also love the occult but mostly for the historical and mythological aspects for art. I also enjoy the symbolism in some of the religious texts like the Ivory Tower.

I mostly just Wikipedia dive and pick up stuff here and there.

(01-04-2021, 03:24 AM)d33p Wrote: I'm an atheist, although I was raised as a fundamentalist Christian. I am really interested in learning about other religions and perspectives and I like respectful debates about specific religious claims. What do other people here believe?

I've recently become a Buddhist, the teachings just resonate so much with me, it seems to answer all questions in life, in the most realistic and positive way. It's like a perfect blend of seeing the world as it really is, without strange rules or traditions typical of some other belief systems. I'd definitely recommend doing some more research if it sounds right for you.

Quote:And the big man's always happy to see ya!

Christianity has definitely become a political tool, with Donald Trump being treated like a prophet by many. And many Christians definitely haven't read the Bible nor do they know its history. Nobody knows who wrote the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, and the earliest manuscripts of the books are estimated to be written a generation after the death of Jesus. You should look up Dr. Bart Ehrman, an expert on the New Testament. He has done some great debates about the Gospels and the resurrection.

(05-07-2021, 09:23 PM)musta_kahvi Wrote:
(01-04-2021, 03:24 AM)d33p Wrote: I'm an atheist, although I was raised as a fundamentalist Christian. I am really interested in learning about other religions and perspectives and I like respectful debates about specific religious claims. What do other people here believe?

I've recently become a Buddhist, the teachings just resonate so much with me, it seems to answer all questions in life, in the most realistic and positive way. It's like a perfect blend of seeing the world as it really is, without strange rules or traditions typical of some other belief systems. I'd definitely recommend doing some more research if it sounds right for you.

I learned a little bit in school, and I was inspired by the idea that desire is the root of suffering. Other than that, I'm not well educated on Buddhism. It seems to me to be less like the Abrahamic religions and more philosophical, but idk. My only issue is claims of the supernatural or divinity.