• Welcome to the a2b2 discussion board
  • Check out the main site here
  • Get some merch here
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Title: LONG-TIME NUCLEAR WASTE WARNING MESSAGES
Thread Modes
(05-08-2021, 11:56 AM)chemical_b Wrote: This is amazing, thanks for sharing
If I were a posthistoric human I'm not sure I would be able to understand the warnings.
I wonder; suppose the waste site big block idea is used, and becomes standard for every waste site. What would that do to human culture in the surrounding areas?
The most distinguishing characteristic of humans imo is the, "this is scary, but I want to know what's on the other side" personality. What if there was something so bizzare, older than you could comprehend, that guaranteed a slow, painful death?
It doesn't move, and it eminenates...
How would that impact human culture in the future?
The most challenging aspect is that even after learning about the natural world, agriculture, establishing social order, etc; these humans would still be utterly unable to explain why this area is deadly.

I definitely know what you mean, when you think of closed off weird looking building from an ancient period filled with strange pictograms you think pyramids of giza, and that's a great example of the "scary but I want to know what's on the other side idea", its a strange forboding construction in the middle of a desert but we've still managed to get inside and map it out. I guess the main difference is these plans have this idea of not using geometric ideals as to not convey value and ideals, and the pyramids are, you know, even pyramids, but they still have that forboding feel.
I guess that's what's dangerous about relying on creating a scary feeling to drive people away rather than warn and try to explain more explicitly, but like you say, people in the future probably won't understand the warnings. It's either try and warn them clearly, they just can't understand the warnings and explore, or create an inadvertantly fascinating construction that curious humans are just gonna want to explore, because the scariness of it paradoxically makes them want to go in; the more obvious the archetecture makes it that it's a dangerous place, the more people will want to go there.
Local Cryptid

Messages In This Thread
RE: LONG-TIME NUCLEAR WASTE WARNING MESSAGES - by ant1quarian-h - 05-11-2021, 07:52 PM