• Welcome to the a2b2 discussion board
  • Check out the main site here
  • Get some merch here
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Title: Instruments & DIY
Thread Modes
Anyone got any cool or weird shit they use to make tracks? I've been working on some pedal designs for the past year or so and thought I could throw that and some other stuff into a thread for people to share schematics and devices in.

Fuzz:
I based this loosely off of what Look Mum No Computer did in their Fuzz For a Fiver video, with a lot of alterations that originated from my own experience, as well as the designs of similar circuits like the XFUZZ (which tbh this circuit is a bit too similar to imo) and the Wooly Mammoth by ZVex. The majority of the alterations made were done to counteract the main flaws with the original fuzz for a fiver design, mainly the muddiness of the circuit and the tendency for clipping to not occur at even the slightest roll-off of a guitar or bass' volume knob. What I was left with might best be described as what the ProCo Rat is to a Big Muff or a Fuzz Face, for the Wooly Mammoth. Maxing out the potentiometer in the center of the circuit results in a gated fuzz sound, which contrasts heavily with the more typical distortion found within the rest of the circuit. Based on experience, I'd expect running a line-level or hotter signal through the pedal, like a synth, would result in this gating occurring much sooner. In is left, out is right, hoping everyone that would bother looking at this understands how pedal schematics work because this one is kinda dogshit lmao. Q1, 2 and 3 are all 2n3904 or similar.

[Image: circuit.png]

Soma Synth RoAT:
Weird, tempo-synced noise synth that fits into the pocket operator/NTS-1/Volca ecosystem. Might be useful for anyone here trying to fit a new sound within that style of setup.

https://www.gearnews.com/soma-labs-roat-...sequencer/