• Check out the main site here
  • Get some merch here
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Title: Cyberpunk
Thread Modes
(01-03-2021, 02:49 AM)Balbis Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 01:46 AM)roundy Wrote:
(01-01-2021, 06:32 PM)Balbis Wrote:
(01-01-2021, 06:21 PM)goo Wrote: just curious as to whether any of you guys played cyberpunk
what did you play on? xbox1, ps4/5, pc etc.
how was your experience?
for me the bugs were annoying but i still finished it and overall i really enjoyed the story, just wish the mechanics were more solid before release
especially with the boxing missions, those were pure aids

PC, it is definitely a really good game. People seem too forget that first in foremost its a RPG that was a lot of work put into dialogue, branching paths, characters and such. People keep comparing it to games like GTA which is a game with a linear story with no interaction. GTA's focus is cars and gun play, Cyberpunk incorporates a lot of different mechanics that are pretty in depth that might be focuses for other games so of course those mechanics are not gonna be as polished as games focused around it. I think the combat, stealth nd driving is done a lot better than a lot of RPGs. I actually really enjoy stealth in this game with the hacking system and such which is impressive cause stealth in pretty much every RPG is the worst thing ever.

I think this is a really good assessment of the game, people were thinking they were getting something they weren't, which you can blame CDPR for that but going into the game without expectations I had a great time.

I honestly don't know where those expectations came from. We were shown a lot of the mechanics way before the game launched and they even said it isnt really like GTA at one point a long time ago. Maybe hype news youtube channels? Idk but those channels are fucking milking the drama of it's poor performance on consoles and stuff. Churn a video out every couple days.

ye i think it was definitely youtube hype videos like TOP 10 REASONS CYBERPUNK WILL CHANGE GAMING!
- roundy  Smile  Angry

(01-01-2021, 06:21 PM)goo Wrote: just curious as to whether any of you guys played cyberpunk
how was your experience?
for me the bugs were annoying but i still finished it and overall i really enjoyed the story, just wish the mechanics were more solid before release

PC, it is definitely a really good game. People seem too forget that first in foremost its a RPG that was a lot of work put into dialogue, branching paths, characters and such. People keep comparing it to games like GTA which is a game with a linear story with no interaction. GTA's focus is cars and gun play, Cyberpunk incorporates a lot of different mechanics that are pretty in depth that might be focuses for other games so of course those mechanics are not gonna be as polished as games focused around it. I think the combat, stealth nd driving is done a lot better than a lot of RPGs. I actually really enjoy stealth in this game with the hacking system and such which is impressive cause stealth in pretty much every RPG is the worst thing ever.

I think this is a really good assessment of the game, people were thinking they were getting something they weren't, which you can blame CDPR for that but going into the game without expectations I had a great time.

that was my mindset going in too, and personally i loved it. i had over 60 hours in the first week and literally couldnt put it down. all of the side missions developing other characters was incredible and some scenes/missions were really emotional.

my biggest complaint is that panam refuses to fuck me.
[Image: 60SH2zX.png]                       [Image: hczZyMQ.png]

(01-03-2021, 09:13 AM)BasedDepartment Wrote:
how was your experience?

that was my mindset going in too, and personally i loved it. i had over 60 hours in the first week and literally couldnt put it down. all of the side missions developing other characters was incredible and some scenes/missions were really emotional.
Yea that shit is intense sometimes. Really good writing and themes. They really do a good job of making you feel like
everything has gone to shit and hopeless when things go wrong. I miss Jackie  Sad

[Image: angry-eyebrows.png]
[Image: grin.png]

About halfway through the main quest from what I've heard and its honestly exactly what I wanted out of the game. It feels like I'm playing the storytelling and character/world-building of the witcher but in sci-fi dystopia. The dialog is great it just sucks when character model glitches ruin the immersion for me.

I've also had several game breaking glitches where quests won't update or NPCs will get stuck which sucks. I'm sure it will be a much better game in three months.

Combat is fun but my current loadout makes it feel way too easy. The tech rifles can headshot through walls so I basically just have wallhacks and can stand behind cover one shotting anyone before they come at me.

If the stealth was a little bit better designed I think I could have a fun time with it. The fact that headshots don't one-shot from stealth is really annoying. If I want to take someone out stealthy from a distance I have to equip a silencer and then spam into their head praying they won't alert every other enemy on the map before they go down.
we are a circle
within a circle

(01-03-2021, 11:09 PM)theroyalbank Wrote: About halfway through the main quest from what I've heard and its honestly exactly what I wanted out of the game. It feels like I'm playing the storytelling and character/world-building of the witcher but in sci-fi dystopia. The dialog is great it just sucks when character model glitches ruin the immersion for me.

I've also had several game breaking glitches where quests won't update or NPCs will get stuck which sucks. I'm sure it will be a much better game in three months.

Combat is fun but my current loadout makes it feel way too easy. The tech rifles can headshot through walls so I basically just have wallhacks and can stand behind cover one shotting anyone before they come at me.

If the stealth was a little bit better designed I think I could have a fun time with it. The fact that headshots don't one-shot from stealth is really annoying. If I want to take someone out stealthy from a distance I have to equip a silencer and then spam into their head praying they won't alert every other enemy on the map before they go down.
Lmao I didnt think about using guns to take people out stealthily. Ive been going 90% of missions just sneaking and taking down enemies from behind which now that I think about it probably makes things a lot harder. You can also use quickhacks to take people out with stealth but I didnt realize.

[Image: angry-eyebrows.png]
[Image: grin.png]

(01-03-2021, 11:22 PM)Balbis Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 11:09 PM)theroyalbank Wrote: About halfway through the main quest from what I've heard and its honestly exactly what I wanted out of the game. It feels like I'm playing the storytelling and character/world-building of the witcher but in sci-fi dystopia. The dialog is great it just sucks when character model glitches ruin the immersion for me.

Lmao I didnt think about using guns to take people out stealthily. Ive been going 90% of missions just sneaking and taking down enemies from behind which now that I think about it probably makes things a lot harder. You can also use quickhacks to take people out with stealth but I didnt realize.

Oh ya guns are normally a last case resort for stealth. I wish there were more cyberware mods for stealthing like the non-lethal stun gun arm mods in deus ex
we are a circle
within a circle

Y’all have said all the gud stuff. I put it down right around where Johnny shows up and this gets me excited to get back in to.
Keanu’s performance is so good. He just has a cadence down and uses the campiness of video game acting to lift everyone else up. Fuckin awesome

(01-03-2021, 11:51 PM)Scrobus Wrote: Y’all have said all the gud stuff. I put it down right around where Johnny shows up and this gets me excited to get back in to.
Keanu’s performance is so good. He just has a cadence down and uses the campiness of video game acting to lift everyone else up. Fuckin awesome

dude idk whether you have reached it yet, it was in the trailer but it hits different when you are playing
there's a part with johnny on a rooftop and he's shouting at V and his monologue is so crazy it gave me the chills

i have cyberpunk on google stadia
i havent had that many bugs or problems yet
i am not super far into it yet, only completed the first part and about a quarter of the way through the second (i think)
~MouseMan   Wink