• Welcome to the a2b2 discussion board
  • Check out the main site here
  • Get some merch here
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Title: Cyberpunk
Thread Modes
just curious as to whether any of you guys played cyberpunk
what did you play on? xbox1, ps4/5, pc etc.
how was your experience?
for me the bugs were annoying but i still finished it and overall i really enjoyed the story, just wish the mechanics were more solid before release
especially with the boxing missions, those were pure aids

(01-01-2021, 06:21 PM)goo Wrote: just curious as to whether any of you guys played cyberpunk
how was your experience?
for me the bugs were annoying but i still finished it and overall i really enjoyed the story, just wish the mechanics were more solid before release

PC, it is definitely a really good game. People seem too forget that first in foremost its a RPG that was a lot of work put into dialogue, branching paths, characters and such. People keep comparing it to games like GTA which is a game with a linear story with no interaction. GTA's focus is cars and gun play, Cyberpunk incorporates a lot of different mechanics that are pretty in depth that might be focuses for other games so of course those mechanics are not gonna be as polished as games focused around it. I think the combat, stealth nd driving is done a lot better than a lot of RPGs. I actually really enjoy stealth in this game with the hacking system and such which is impressive cause stealth in pretty much every RPG is the worst thing ever.

[Image: angry-eyebrows.png]
[Image: grin.png]

(01-01-2021, 06:32 PM)Balbis Wrote:
(01-01-2021, 06:21 PM)goo Wrote: just curious as to whether any of you guys played cyberpunk
how was your experience?

PC, it is definitely a really good game. People seem too forget that first in foremost its a RPG that was a lot of work put into dialogue, branching paths, characters and such. People keep comparing it to games like GTA which is a game with a linear story with no interaction. GTA's focus is cars and gun play, Cyberpunk incorporates a lot of different mechanics that are pretty in depth that might be focuses for other games so of course those mechanics are not gonna be as polished as games focused around it. I think the combat, stealth nd driving is done a lot better than a lot of RPGs. I actually really enjoy stealth in this game with the hacking system and such which is impressive cause stealth in pretty much every RPG is the worst thing ever.
I got into stealth too late in the game and had so much perked into the damage stats, and my stealth was terrible. I only used stealth against high level enemies that I had no chance of beating otherwise.

(01-01-2021, 07:55 PM)goo Wrote:
how was your experience?

I got into stealth too late in the game and had so much perked into the damage stats, and my stealth was terrible. I only used stealth against high level enemies that I had no chance of beating otherwise.

flashbacks to skyrim 1 hit kill stealth archer build

[Image: m78z5mP.gif][Image: m78z5mP.gif]

(01-01-2021, 07:55 PM)goo Wrote:
how was your experience?

I mean there isnt very many crazy upgrades for stealth stuff. It's not like you can upgrade your stealthyness like physical stats so early game stuff is just as doable as late game with no upgrades. Although the biggest issue is if u get caught you basically have to reload  a save usually because npcs dont just go "hm must have been my imagination" when you step behind a rock or something.

There is a lot of things in this game that are half baked, or just straight up bad. Most have to do with roaming the open world. So if your main enjoyment out of games like this is to run around an open world creating chaos, like we all used to in GTA, then I dont think it will be a good game for you,

But doing the missions have been extremely pleasurable to me, even with all the bugs I still encountered along the way here. Playing on a 3090rtx and maxed out makes it feel really special graphic wise, honestly blows me away at times just how good it looks, and that also carries it for me sometimes for sure.

But the story/mission design/characters is more than enough for me to really like it. Easily one of my favorite games of the year, and I think it's going to get a lot better once CDPR finally fixes most of the issues in this game. There is some things that seem so baked into the game, that it will never get good though.

All the skill trees are just stats boosts for example which seems really disappointing, and the dialogue never seems to really matter which just feels terrible after coming from Disco Elysium which is probably the best conversation rpg of all time. But I do think it's a great game despite the issues, on hardware that can run it at least. I wouldnt want to play the last gen versions, but the ps5/xbox next gen upgrades might make it worth it.

Also the soundtrack is fucking amazing. The armed and Converges songs there are sensational.
[Image: 60SH2zX.png]                       [Image: hczZyMQ.png]

(01-02-2021, 02:02 AM)Woodenlung Wrote: There is a lot of things in this game that are half baked, or just straight up bad. Most have to do with roaming the open world. So if your main enjoyment out of games like this is to run around an open world creating chaos, like we all used to in GTA, then I dont think it will be a good game for you,

But doing the missions have been extremely pleasurable to me, even with all the bugs I still encountered along the way here. Playing on a 3090rtx and maxed out makes it feel really special graphic wise, honestly blows me away at times just how good it looks, and that also carries it for me sometimes for sure.

But the story/mission design/characters is more than enough for me to really like it. Easily one of my favorite games of the year, and I think it's going to get a lot better once CDPR finally fixes most of the issues in this game. There is some things that seem so baked into the game, that it will never get good though.

All the skill trees are just stats boosts for example which seems really disappointing, and the dialogue never seems to really matter which just feels terrible after coming from Disco Elysium which is probably the best conversation rpg of all time. But I do think it's a great game despite the issues, on hardware that can run it at least. I wouldnt want to play the last gen versions, but the ps5/xbox next gen upgrades might make it worth it.

Also the soundtrack is fucking amazing. The armed and Converges songs there are sensational.
Yea all the music is really good radio and ost. Although I cant seem to find some songs on the internet that are on the radio. 

I been fucking with SAMURAI and just realized that the opening riff for The Ballad Of Buck Ravers is the same as the melody on Johnny Silverhand's theme when you're playing as him... But on synths

(01-02-2021, 02:02 AM)Woodenlung Wrote: There is a lot of things in this game that are half baked, or just straight up bad. Most have to do with roaming the open world. So if your main enjoyment out of games like this is to run around an open world creating chaos, like we all used to in GTA, then I dont think it will be a good game for you,

Agreed, the music is honestly one of the best parts of the games, especially when you're in a fight, just hypes me up.

The dialogue did really annoy me too, and I maxed out a lot of stats to try and get different conversations, only realising halfway through the game that the option you chose in conversations doesn't really change much.

Graphs were great for me too, on a 2070 Super

how was your experience?

I think this is a really good assessment of the game, people were thinking they were getting something they weren't, which you can blame CDPR for that but going into the game without expectations I had a great time.
- roundy  Smile  Angry

(01-03-2021, 01:46 AM)roundy Wrote:
how was your experience?

I think this is a really good assessment of the game, people were thinking they were getting something they weren't, which you can blame CDPR for that but going into the game without expectations I had a great time.

I honestly don't know where those expectations came from. We were shown a lot of the mechanics way before the game launched and they even said it isnt really like GTA at one point a long time ago. Maybe hype news youtube channels? Idk but those channels are fucking milking the drama of it's poor performance on consoles and stuff. Churn a video out every couple days.