• Welcome to the a2b2 discussion board
  • Check out the main site here
  • Get some merch here
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Title: What are your favourite books you have read?
Thread Modes
YOOOOOOO my dad has that book by Dostoevsky. tru he is probably nuts
a̶2̶b̶2̶ 

[Image: LIRFONS-by-Pawel-kuczynski.jpg]

(01-06-2021, 06:25 AM)Woodenlung Wrote: I've only listened (yeah yeah I know)  to crime and punishment, and I must say it was good, but not great for me. I really should try and give him another chance though.

If you try any nabokov do not start with ada or ardor haha. It's very much an acquired taste through reading all if his crazy ramblings.

Word ill keep that in mind! Anythings better than the book i just finished which is Choke by Chuck whats his name. Really didnt expect him to basically ha e the same exact tone and main character as fight club. Edgy for the sake of edgy! It only took 2 days tho so i guess i cant hate on it too much
~feedback, shits wack, crack smack~
looking for a bald headed bitch to eat bushs baked beans with
[Image: Snapchat-587757227.jpg]

(01-04-2021, 12:42 AM)JCG_001 Wrote: Don Quixote has been one of my favourites for well over a decade now.

I would love to read Don Quixote, never had a chance to get the physical copy of the book though.

I just recently started The biological show By Al Columbia/ personally my favorite for now from them would be The trumpets They play! even though it's short ass fuck it really has a lot of impressive detail, and sets the whole oldie cartoon setting as the world is in literal hell quite well.

Steppenwolf or Doctor Zhivago
Do you like scary movies? What's your favorite?  Blush

I think it might be Necronomicon by H.P Lovecarft

(01-04-2021, 12:42 AM)JCG_001 Wrote: Don Quixote has been one of my favourites for well over a decade now.

Super fun book to read. It was really ahead of its time.

(01-05-2021, 04:56 AM)Woodenlung Wrote: Got a big love for mental Russian writers. Mainly Nabokov, but Gogol was cool too. Tolstoy also got a lot of good shit, but just never went that deep into his biography.

Ada or Ardor, Lolita and Transparent Things had me read them all twice, although with Ada I had to stop again when trying to re-read it haha. Those are however my favorites from Nabokov. Ada is extremely hard to read, and one where it feels like he is shitting on the reader at all times, but it makes it rewarding in the end too. Lolita is easier and also got the beautiful prose, while dealing with a quite nasty subject and a terrible (and unreliable) main character

Quote:“...for the human brain can become the best torture house of all those it has invented, established and used in a millions of years, in millions of lands, on millions of howling creatures.” ada or ador

Quote:“Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Lo. Lee. Ta. She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line. But in my arms she was always Lolita. Did she have a precursor? She did, indeed she did. In point of fact, there might have been no Lolita at all had I not loved, one summer, an initial girl-child. In a princedom by the sea. Oh when? About as many years before Lolita was born as my age was that summer. You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, exhibit number one is what the seraphs, the misinformed, simple, noble-winged seraphs, envied. Look at this tangle of thorns.” lolita (duh)

Quote:“This is, I believe, it: not the crude anguish of physical death but the incomparable pangs of the mysterious mental maneuver needed to pass from one state of being to another.” Transparent Things

God, I love Nabokov. He got a few books that are sub standard, and those not written by him in English do suffer a bit from the translation. But he's an amazing writer and fluent in several languages as his books also shows.

For Gogol my favorite is probably The Overcoat. It's an easy read, and quite funny and sad at the same time.

Hey man how do you feel about Chekov? I recently picked up a Norton Critical Edition of a collection of his short stories and have really enjoyed them

(03-17-2021, 05:05 PM)sewercat Wrote: Hey man how do you feel about Chekov? I recently picked up a Norton Critical Edition of a collection of his short stories and have really enjoyed them

Never read any of his stuff, but short stories you say? Might give it a try.
[Image: 60SH2zX.png]                       [Image: hczZyMQ.png]

ny favorite book SERIES are the Casanova's "History of My Life" (2 books lol), and my most favorite book seems like the Grigoriy Oster's "Harmful Advices"

the last one is a collection of cool poems for kids, i like them because Grigoriy is actually a good children psychologist, so he uses reverse-psychology to teach kids what's good and what's bad!