• Welcome to the a2b2 discussion board
  • Check out the main site here
  • Get some merch here
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Title: What are your favourite books you have read?
Thread Modes
Novels, i'd say gravity's rainbow. The kreplach passage in the last chapter is where i got my username from. Maybe john barth's lost in the funhouse or as i lay dying by faulkner, depending on how soon i read those.
Poetry, i'd say my fav collections are hart crane's the bridge, larkin's high windows, plath's the colossus, and ts eliot's prufrock and other observations/four quartets.

book of five rings is fun. but books are boring. and stelle of revealing thats kinda like a book

(03-29-2021, 05:50 PM)Mr. Kreplach Wrote: Novels, i'd say gravity's rainbow. The kreplach passage in the last chapter is where i got my username from. Maybe john barth's lost in the funhouse or as i lay dying by faulkner, depending on how soon i read those.
Poetry, i'd say my fav collections are hart crane's the bridge, larkin's high windows, plath's the colossus, and ts eliot's prufrock and other observations/four quartets.

since u mention Faulkner--ever read any Cormac McCarthy?

A Very Hungry Caterpillar

[Image: 1-DD741-A1-1-B4-C-4868-B927-CB059005-FF71.jpg]

(02-15-2021, 09:17 AM)Nextwound Wrote: Steppenwolf or Doctor Zhivago

oh yeah I'm reading steppenwolf at the moment, and am trying to read some other Herman Hesse stuff aswell. I have a book of essays by him and  you can definately see his themes and ideas laid out in a more blatant way. I read a bit of it before starting steppenwolf and I'm glad I did because it covered the idea of dialectics and moving past binaries which is v big in steppenwolf and i'm pretty sure in most of his books as well. I've also meant to read the glass bead game for a while since like 2019 but its pretty daunting: much longer than some other Herman Hesse books, and I've read the first few pages and they're fairly hard to follow
Local Cryptid