• Welcome to the a2b2 discussion board
  • Check out the main site here
  • Get some merch here
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Title: What are your religious views?
Thread Modes
idrk. i mean i feel like consciousness is too strong of an energy to just disappear after we die. we probably just wake up in a different universe as something else, not by destiny, but just because it was the first form our souls (for lack of a better word) could take. i just don't really think about it. i mean why are we so worried about stuff that we probably cant even fathom. my Grammarly is going insane rn

(05-24-2021, 07:49 PM)alex_aint_cool Wrote: idrk. i mean i feel like consciousness is too strong of an energy to just disappear after we die. we probably just wake up in a different universe as something else, not by destiny, but just because it was the first form our souls (for lack of a better word) could take.  i just don't really think about it. i mean why are we so worried about stuff that we probably cant even fathom. my Grammarly is going insane rn

If consciousness is an emergent property of the brain, which is well supported by research, then once the brain stops, our consciousness stops. I see it as like before we were born.

Also, I'm not convinced we have a soul, it doesn't seem to be able to show we have souls.

born and raised catholic. stopped going to church, refused a confirmation. still feel pretty faithful. I'm not a big fan of the social constructs that come with belonging to that community. really fake people and what not. I do not approve of the majority things the pope and the catholic church stand for but I feel like Jeebus wouldn't have stood for these things either.

i believe in the law of affecting and being affected. both being affected and affecting, at once, is a penchant of living will. dunno what to call this. there is the conceptual noumenal but i believe that cannot be classified as a living force. its of a plane higher than common life. to affect and not be affected would be something which would display itself as a source point with anisomorphism in the plane of time.

i believe that we all sit in a totem poll of spiritual prowess : islam, christian.... jew

(11-10-2021, 07:36 PM)DrDorkler Wrote: i believe in the law of affecting and being affected. both being affected and affecting, at once, is a penchant of living will. dunno what to call this. there is the conceptual noumenal but i believe that cannot be classified as a living force. its of a plane higher than common life. to affect and not be affected would be something which would display itself as a source point with anisomorphism in the plane of time.

r u atracked to me then

i don't know what i believe but i know what ive seen and ive seen some unbelievable things.
[Image: thinkerhoathinh.gif]

Both my parents have their own sort of beliefs (derived from Christianity ig). But I never really connected with religion or spirituality in general. I used to wish I was more spiritual, but I grew out of that and now I'm ok with just seeing a rainbow or some shit and going "damn this is deep".
I do find religions to be very interesting tho,, and kind of scary,,, sometimes

My parents were two different religions but it wasn't much a part of my life growing up. Only saw churches for weddings and funerals for the most part. Friends were more religious and I see the benefits of it as a community institution but its overshadowed by corruption and ignorance. Too many cults out there too