• Welcome to the a2b2 discussion board
  • Check out the main site here
  • Get some merch here
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Title: Opinions on the APC40 MK2
Thread Modes
Let's discuss!

BTW, this is the same piece of equipment Andy Morin used in his A2B2 Night Of Fire Set (see below where the cursor is)
[Image: 2021-01-07-15-10.png]

Alright so get this. I have the money to buy this, and I'm getting Ableton Live soon, but I'm not sure on all the features this thing can do. I heard it has a step sequencer, but I'm not sure.

My main goal is to do live performances and make music with this thing, amongst other possibilities.

So anyone who has this or knows more about it, what's your opinion? Is it good? Is it trash? Or both?

Like, give me the pros and cons of this thing.

*btw i'm planning on getting myself a pair of Beyerdynamic DT990's, heard they're pretty good cans.*
[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Its one of the best ableton controller for the price, I was thinking of buying it too but I ended up pairing an apc mini and a Novation Launchcontrol xl to save like 70€ and still have control of clips, devices, tracks, sends ecc. (also wanted the 8x8 clip grid, don't really care about rgb)
The apc40 might be better for live performances tho, the endless/infinite rotary knobs can pick-up parameters by themselves and have light indicators for dark stages. The step sequencer is a max device for the apc40 and apc20 https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/apc-step-sequencer/

You gotta see if it suits you, if you don't know what suits you yet its still a great controller to start with.