• Welcome to the a2b2 discussion board
  • Check out the main site here
  • Get some merch here
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Title: Jazz
Thread Modes
Does anyone listen to jazz? If so what are you listening to recently.

I've been listening to alot of Yusef Lateef and Bill Laurance.
Juke Technology

Kamasi washington , Frank Zappa, Parliament.
Doors and Windows on. Motions on.

Been super into Compulsion by Andrew Hill recently but Id probably say my favorite player of all time is Antonio Sanchez. Mostly into free jazz but im open to it all
Shy https://youtu.be/X70KWixbo5Y Smile

I love the Paco De Lucia, Al Di Meola, John Mclaughlin trio albums. Its beautiful flamenco and jazz guitar music.

And John Mclaughlin has a lot of good music and bands like Mahavishnu Orchestra. 
But I haven't really gotten into jazz that isn't flamenco or rock fusion besides stuff I'm learning for school.
Maybe I will check out some stuff you guys listen to?

[Image: angry-eyebrows.png]
[Image: grin.png]

If you haven't already, look up Hiromi Uehara. The amount of passion she puts into her playing is second to none (that I know of, at least). Her music is pretty much the only jazz I consciously listen to these days.

(01-04-2021, 09:57 AM)LEG JIT Wrote: If you haven't already, look up Hiromi Uehara. The amount of passion she puts into her playing is second to none (that I know of, at least). Her music is pretty much the only jazz I consciously listen to these days.

Yeah. She is really good. For a while I was non-stop listening to her Voice album.
Juke Technology

(01-03-2021, 11:10 PM)Balbis Wrote: I love the Paco De Lucia, Al Di Meola, John Mclaughlin trio albums. Its beautiful flamenco and jazz guitar music.

And John Mclaughlin has a lot of good music and bands like Mahavishnu Orchestra. 
But I haven't really gotten into jazz that isn't flamenco or rock fusion besides stuff I'm learning for school.

love John Mclaughlin's extrapolation, aswell as that album with Mahavishnu orchestra; theres a video of them performing on the BBC where John is trying to talk inbetween the pieces but hes so high he cant remeber words and its just a lot of awkward pauses (at 20:10). the 1st performance of You Know You Know absolutely jams tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8X6kt5y2Lg

sorry i didnt rlly help in your quest to branch out in to different jazz :///
Local Cryptid

(01-29-2021, 02:21 PM)ant1quarian-h Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 11:10 PM)Balbis Wrote: I love the Paco De Lucia, Al Di Meola, John Mclaughlin trio albums. Its beautiful flamenco and jazz guitar music.

love John Mclaughlin's extrapolation, aswell as that album with Mahavishnu orchestra; theres a video of them performing on the BBC where John is trying to talk inbetween the pieces but hes so high he cant remeber words and its just a lot of awkward pauses (at 20:10). the 1st performance of You Know You Know absolutely jams tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8X6kt5y2Lg

sorry i didnt rlly help in your quest to branch out in to different jazz :///

Oh yea I love this performance. I havent seen the full thing though thats hilarious.

[Image: angry-eyebrows.png]
[Image: grin.png]