• Welcome to the a2b2 discussion board
  • Check out the main site here
  • Get some merch here
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Title: what is this?
Thread Modes
hey y'alls first post love a2b2 so i was given this device by a guy hanging out under a bridge wearing a magician's hat who said "you're gonna need this" and i'm wondering if anyone recognizes what it could be or who i could take it to to check it out. it has a computer motherboard looking thing on the inside and maybe the plugs in the last pic could be hooked up to a computer to get a readout or whatnot?

[Image: device1.jpg]
[Image: device2.jpg]
[Image: device3.jpg]
[Image: device-4.jpg]

no idea bro but i'd love to hear the geeksquad try to sell you a new one

DO NOT BRING THIS ON AN AIRPLANE

You would have to open it up it looks like to find out. Also it seems to be something that was plugged in and hung with 120v in and low voltage . So could be a controller for something or a speaker. I have four years electrical experience but never seen this before. IDK maybe im missing the joke

i'm no electrician but i wouldn't open a strange device given to me by a wizard.

proceed with caution OP

ive had two or more people tell me that it's a power supply/charger for an outdated computer

im going to open it up and see if i can get a read out

be careful OP. you might end up as a slider and you forgot the professor and the bluesman

It's been hours, you're a slider now. hope it's not a giant mosquito world, that'd really suck

what did the read out say? i hope you're still alive op

im alive. barely. i opened it up to see if i could get a read out and discovered the phrase "mean well". i think there might be a lesson for all of us here. also there's a green light that turns on when i plug it in. 

[Image: 20231124-091608.jpg]

[Image: 20231124-092615.jpg]

[Image: 20231124-092509.jpg]

[Image: 20231124-092733.jpg]

maybe to "mean well" is to be able to be "mean" in a constructive/healthy way

i always mean well
[Image: thinkerhoathinh.gif]