• Welcome to the a2b2 discussion board
  • Check out the main site here
  • Get some merch here
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Title: Do you believe in fate or destiny?
Thread Modes
Question 
Why or why not?

Personally I am in disbelief of coincidences in my life I cannot explain or attest to. Not sure what to make of them. Is everything linked or are we so desperate for pattern?

Fate is real but it comes from ones own mind. Almost like the physical realization of dreams and aspirations. Some people can go and have their fortune read and truly believe or not believe as to horrify or motivate them into shaping their life. Its whatever they want to believe  its more about planting seeds into the subconscious. Ones own name could drive their fate. If in America for example you could be born with a very "Plain Jane" name and subconsciously live a plain life or have a beautiful or ugly exotic name  and get stuck into that monolith. Its all about being alone in ones mind in the morning or at night and thinking what they want from their life. Minor strange coincidences are kind of a different story I'm really only talking about grand fate and destiny. Those unexplainable things do make me believe in something its just again I think ones own choice.

Shakespeare - Men at sometime are masters of their fate

also I feel like Death Grips - Beyond Alive is like a militant rant about hard work over fate kinda thing 
I grind this stone into my path

I can agree with that. I don't know what I believe exactly though. Maybe some of each? Some days it's more traditional than others.

Do any of you believe in the gateway process? I find it fascinating the govt studied it. Then another recent science article I read said we perceive time a few seconds ahead. If that's true we must have control of our destiny I would think.

Great song voodoodude, very true with Shakespeare as well as well. Nothing worth doing is without work. Fate won't move your feet for you so if there is destiny there's some assembly required. I love all the DG lyrics, first time I heard them I knew they get it.

(10-29-2023, 03:53 AM)awesomepal131183 Wrote: Do any of you believe in the gateway process? I find it fascinating the govt studied it. Then another recent science article I read said we perceive time a few seconds ahead. If that's true we must have control of our destiny I would think.

I think the main reason the govt was interested in studying it or at least the reason the documents were released was to create a illusion of the US army having truly god like powers especially to less developed nations or ones where spiritual or religious beliefs are still ingrained in their politics. But Its still very interesting to me, I tried the tapes out a few months ago but I didn't get anywhere with them probably because I have pretty weak visualization skills I also read that during the experiments the only ones that made significant progress were people that had 5+ years of experience with Kundalini yoga/meditation. You should read Robert Monroes (Gateway experience director) series "Out Of Body" I thought it was really interesting as a person who's never had a out of body experience

That's a good point about military superiority, or the illusion of. It's funny because I was just thinking that about the whole UFO storage thing. What seems stronger than taking out aliens? Same thing you're saying.

I'll have to check out that series. I've been meditating my whole life but I don't know that I've had an out of body experience as its described. I do think there's something we can't explain, maybe on a quantum level.

So why do so many of religions focus on fate being predetermined? Free will okay but also everything happens there is a reason. I am so confused

(11-01-2023, 11:26 PM)lilmoon Wrote: So why do so many of religions focus on fate being predetermined? Free will okay but also everything happens there is a reason. I am so confused

The creator has a master plan is a reassuring thing to say to someone who has just had their life ruined.

maybe each empty simulation/light-form has a different mosaic, so to speak in terms of what we could call a fate/destiny but within that mosaic also it's like "shit happens" (and its all good) so there's like infinite versions of the same thing