• Welcome to the a2b2 discussion board
  • Check out the main site here
  • Get some merch here
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Title: Short sci fi pt 1 1 year anniversary repost
Thread Modes
(02-29-2024, 09:46 PM)awesomepal131183 Wrote: I like it, reminds me of the beat generation writers or something. I read as I listened to a jazz song with a wandering bassline and it fits

Thank you, awesomepal. I was trying to hack a synth someone put on me, and i think it worked. I was thinking something latin jazz and somber would fit as well like concierto. 

So I never really read much of the beatniks but have been pressed into psychotronic battles so I can see where those reflections arise. Burroughs cut up method is a particularly surreal art form that intrigues me and I kind of do that in my storytelling, but i never made that connection before. If you take the weirdest dreams you have ever had, splice them together with insurgency and sometimes drugs, you can make a weird story like this. For example, the liquid metal presence that hacked into the simulation they put Agatha in was from a real dream, I had never seen anyone like it. But that feeling of it needing me the more I needed it was real and left a lasting impression. And the crying androgyne was another dream too. When you put them together in little pictures it can be fun dancing through the dots from one dream to another.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Short sci fi pt 1 1 year anniversary repost - by melaluka - 03-01-2024, 02:10 AM