• Welcome to the a2b2 discussion board
  • Check out the main site here
  • Get some merch here
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Title: Short sci fi pt 1 1 year anniversary repost
Thread Modes
(03-02-2024, 07:37 PM)awesomepal131183 Wrote: What is the death grips 6D hologram performance? Sorry but I am not fully versed with the lore.

I follow the rest of it otherwise I think. Repetitive synthetic forces like AI as an entity of its own instead of a novelty toy?

I cant find the exact quote, I thought it was in their pitchfork interview but the 6 dimensional part isnt there. 

"Something we did bring up to the label was the idea of putting multiple representations of our band on tour at one time, but none of us are actually there. Like, there is five Death Grips. You send these people out-- if they are even people, or projections or holograms. Having these events that are like your world, happening simultaneously, touring the world." 

If i find the part about 6D machines I will post it because it left such an impression on me. Basically he was talking about being surrounded by these machines that made you more of whatever you thought you were, defined in terms of accelerationism. It had to be in another interview. In my mind this all has to do with the vocal struggle of being interpellated as a subject in a society gatekeeping corporate ontological playgrounds by the specially informed and astroturfing communities on bad faith but these next two quotes from interviews with the band really capture that feeling of being part of death grips as opposed to the mainstream genre of everyday music:

"Yes, we make reference to masochism by information. The name of our band alludes to a technological stalemate, a war of attrition that will exact its price on our bodies."

"Say you were being bullied in school: If you have our music in your headphones, no one is really bullying you anymore. It's like taking a pill that makes you super-human. The music has emotional suffering on the darker and deeper side of what the human experience is like, but it's also a beast-- you could take a bite out of a bowl while listening to it. That's the kind of energy we want to project."

Instead of being channeled to represent some kind of bully snitch culture what death grips is doing informs my art process. Its taking back those synthetic shocks and dull repetitious moments of hypnosis and capture and liberating the music inherent to language. I could see where AI plays into it but im not really informed on that, but I would argue that most peoples intelligence and shouts have a very artificial, plastic or synthetic texture to them owing to the hierarchical demands of their existences. 

I think by encouraging another to explore and examine our dreams we can talk independently from all those labels or categories hierarchies entail, and arrive at some type of truth more real than anything youd ever find in a dictionary or newspaper.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Short sci fi pt 1 1 year anniversary repost - by melaluka - 03-03-2024, 06:46 AM