• Welcome to the a2b2 discussion board
  • Check out the main site here
  • Get some merch here
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Title: Polite Society
Thread Modes
POLITE SOCIETY

A voice came over the loudspeaker: "Attention please. Due to weather conditions, this flight has been cancelled."

People began tearing the airplane apart. They broke chairs, windows, overhead bins, whatever they could get their hands on. Some people had babies on board and panicked when they found the oxygen masks had come down.

As passengers ran about the cabin screaming in anger, fists were thrown. Everything on board was destroyed within minutes. The unruly mob spilled into the streets causing utter mayhem.

Police came in to quell the crowd and in the process injured several innocent bystanders. The crowd overpowered the police and destroyed everything in sight. Stores were looted, cars overturned, people beat to death. The whole city became engulfed in violence.

A half hour later, when the riot had subsided, I stood in the baggage claim still waiting for that one bag to appear. Finally after an hour and a half, a lone, beat-up suitcase appeared through the security gates and rolled its way toward me. I reached out and picked it up. There wasn’t much in it except dirty clothes.

A flaming taxi cab pulled up and I climbed in. “Where ya headed”, the driver asked.

“Home”, I replied. After taking me a few blocks, he finally turned around and headed back in the right direction. Some things never change.