• Welcome to the a2b2 discussion board
  • Check out the main site here
  • Get some merch here
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Title: Extremely rough book prototype. Thoughts/suggestions welcome
Thread Modes
Spent all day making this sucker, ignore poor formatting on verso pages will fix that later. 

I’m not sure about using an ink laser jet to print hand drawn photos so I was thinking of including stickers, and maybe one day including photos if I can find a better publishing method.

Working title Glass Bonfires, will figure out how to print cool bonfire on cover.

It’s 45 pages this way I think that’s a good start. Let me hear your suggestions and ideas!

Congrats. First impression is it looks great. Has that instant zine appeal even without graphics or photos. I notice the centering is off on page 22 not sure if that's an aesthetic choice or just the nature of the beast. Binding looks neatly done. Looking forward to seeing what comes next

(04-14-2024, 04:44 PM)okaypal Wrote: Congrats. First impression is it looks great. Has that instant zine appeal even without graphics or photos. I notice the centering is off on page 22 not sure if that's an aesthetic choice or just the nature of the beast. Binding looks neatly done.  Looking forward to seeing what comes next

LOL the formatting came out so badly. I had set the gutter margin too wide and then printed out the pages set for 5”x7.5” on 8.5x11” so when the printer flipped the pages to print on the backsides it measured from the other end. It will be fixed in prototype 2.0 along with various spelling errors. But it’s readable and very enjoyable to hold!

I like the table of contents on the back cover like an album track list, would you rather see that on the inside? Personally I think it looks cool.

(04-14-2024, 05:43 PM)melaluka Wrote:
(04-14-2024, 04:44 PM)okaypal Wrote: Congrats. First impression is it looks great. Has that instant zine appeal even without graphics or photos. I notice the centering is off on page 22 not sure if that's an aesthetic choice or just the nature of the beast. Binding looks neatly done.  Looking forward to seeing what comes next

LOL the formatting came out so badly. I had set the gutter margin too wide and then printed out the pages set for 5”x7.5” on 8.5x11” so when the printer flipped the pages to print on the backsides it measured from the other end. It will be fixed in prototype 2.0 along with various spelling errors. But it’s readable and very enjoyable to hold!

I like the table of contents on the back cover like an album track list, would you rather see that on the inside? Personally I think it looks cool.

That sounds like a headache for sure. Still got to hold your book relatively quick though. I always pay to get mine printed, my first I did the layout all myself but I used Affinity Publisher which I think saved me from Word doc margin bs.

I do like the table of contents on the back. It'd be cool if you integrated them into art that matches the glass bonfire motif or maybe references something in the strongest story. Sure you could put them inside but then it wouldn't as ziney. The album comparison is apt because you could read the story like lyrics taking your own meanings