• Check out the main site here
  • Get some merch here
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Title: The News is for Losers
Thread Modes
(01-04-2021, 02:29 PM)systemofchaos Wrote:
(01-04-2021, 02:27 PM)Cece Wrote:
(01-04-2021, 02:12 PM)systemofchaos Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 02:45 AM)greenstick65 Wrote: Reading the news, twitter and Facebook makes me feel like I'm on an endless jog. Super tired!

twitter is a heel hole tbh. Like whenever I go on social media I feel like i am just wasting my time. what is the point of it all?

i use social media to post and browse for art, but even then it becomes tiring to scroll through large chunks of art that aren't interesting.
exactly! like at some point im just sitting there like...... did I just really waste 20 mins sitting on instagram??? why???

social media feels like a tool exclusively to waste time at that point. there could be better stuff to waste time on but its simple and repetitive nature is enough to be distracted by for a long time.

[Image: looking-through-you.jpg]
now look at me

(01-03-2021, 04:17 PM)astral Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 01:48 AM)Influencer Wrote: Just be all anarcho and community based and stick to local news.

Who do you think owns your local news station?

I guess I mean keeping up with what's happening locally, not referring to any news outlet in itself. That way it's things you can see and interact directly with in your community, and maybe even effect. Not that I really do this, but my ideal self would.

(01-04-2021, 02:55 PM)Cece Wrote:
(01-04-2021, 02:29 PM)systemofchaos Wrote:
(01-04-2021, 02:27 PM)Cece Wrote:
(01-04-2021, 02:12 PM)systemofchaos Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 02:45 AM)greenstick65 Wrote: Reading the news, twitter and Facebook makes me feel like I'm on an endless jog. Super tired!

twitter is a heel hole tbh. Like whenever I go on social media I feel like i am just wasting my time. what is the point of it all?

i use social media to post and browse for art, but even then it becomes tiring to scroll through large chunks of art that aren't interesting.
exactly! like at some point im just sitting there like...... did I just really waste 20 mins sitting on instagram??? why???

social media feels like a tool exclusively to waste time at that point. there could be better stuff to waste time on but its simple and repetitive nature is enough to be distracted by for a long time.

For 99% of the population it’s a timetrap for sure. But there’s productive and helpful ways to use it if you’re able to not get sucked into the mental tricks these bigTech companies deploy on the users.

I feel the same after learning about operation mockingbird

(02-22-2021, 02:53 PM)pyro Wrote: I feel the same after learning about operation mockingbird

Exactly. Sucks to have to assume everything is a psyop, but it’s necessary.  Dodgy

(01-01-2021, 09:41 PM)eelbath Wrote: i stopped bothering with the news a while ago, it can be unavoidable though, the way it is now is just a form of manipulation to keep you watching and worried about shit. and news that might be worth reading is behind a paywall.

The paywall is there to encourage you to think that it's worth reading. It probably isn't.

(03-04-2021, 05:29 AM)__ty_lake Wrote:
(01-01-2021, 09:41 PM)eelbath Wrote: i stopped bothering with the news a while ago, it can be unavoidable though, the way it is now is just a form of manipulation to keep you watching and worried about shit. and news that might be worth reading is behind a paywall.

The paywall is there to encourage you to think that it's worth reading. It probably isn't.

bet
☢️LOOK☣️OUT☢️FOR☣️ME☢️

(01-06-2021, 04:38 PM)systemofchaos Wrote: The news still really sucks. I have just stil being ignoring it and just listening to Caramelldansen everyday.

Thats how I got through 2020 my friend!