• Welcome to the a2b2 discussion board
  • Check out the main site here
  • Get some merch here
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Title: Sex sells
Thread Modes
[Image: megan-fox-lighter.jpg]

The media likes to preach. they talk about equality and all that stuff, but then they go ahead and sexualize every woman on TV like they're just there for us to ogle at. 50% of the population. it's just weird, man. it's fucking ridiculous. we can't have real relationships if all we see are these hyper-sexualized women who don't represent anything close to real life. and then they wonder why so many dudes are still acting this way when it comes to the broeconomy

i don't know if anyone else feels this way or not, but i feel like this purposefully creates some kind of disconnect between what we see in the media and what real relationships are supposed to be. it's hard not to compare our partners with these over-the-top characters and then get disappointed when they don't live up to those expectations. it's a fucking paradox, man. they preach equality while simultaneously perpetuating these damaging stereotypes and objectifying women at every turn. it's sickening and it needs to stop.

i guess it's just a lot to process, you know? maybe we should talk more about this and figure out how to navigate through all the bullshit that media throws at us every day. how the fuck do we fall for all this bullshit in the media? i mean, sure, we all love a good fantasy or whatever, but seriously, does every woman have to be some kind of sex goddess just to keep us interested?