• Welcome to the a2b2 discussion board
  • Check out the main site here
  • Get some merch here
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Title: What’s a “what the fuck” moment you’ve had in music?
Thread Modes
First post Smile

What’s a moment in music where you just couldn’t believe what you were hearing or were just stricken with euphoria? Thought about this with thw break up of Daft Punk, mine would have to be the moment in Aerodynamic where the guitar arpeggios comes in. I get goosebumps every time i hear it.

When i was starting to really get into music i listened to pink floyds first album, and on Interstellar overdrive the moment where the first part of the song comes back and it sounds like its swirling around your head really blew me away!

mine is also Daft Punk related, the last few minutes of Contact split my brain in half when I first heard it, I was also tripping dix so my brain did actually split in half

bobba shmurdy getting released im so happy

First time I stumbled across Black Moth Super Rainbow around 2009 during an experimental music deep dive on youtube, haven’t had a moment quite like that in a while.

Last time was when i was hearing Instrumental by Black Country, New Road, expecting nothing
Do you like scary movies? What's your favorite?  Blush

When I watched the black midi KEXP performance.

[Image: angry-eyebrows.png]
[Image: grin.png]

(02-24-2021, 04:56 AM)eingyi2 Wrote: bobba shmurdy getting released im so happy

based

(02-24-2021, 04:59 AM)33soteric Wrote: First time I stumbled across Black Moth Super Rainbow around 2009 during an experimental music deep dive on youtube, haven’t had a moment quite like that in a while.

Haven't heard of that, but it sounds really fucking cool. I'll check it out!

(02-24-2021, 04:06 PM)Balbis Wrote: When I watched the black midi KEXP performance.

That was a landmark moment for me too, I love that video so much.

Discovering Death Grips and then discovering Zach Hill.

Basically all my life I loved heavy shit, probably because I came from family with extremely mild music tastes. Started with rock, Hey Bulldog from beatles being an early first, then I found heavy rock with AC/DC, Led Zeppelin. From there, I found heavy metal. Sabbath, maiden, system of a down, RATM, anything that goes hard.

Took a brief detour to get into dubstep / edm back when that was a huge thing because I loved the heavy electronic shit.

After that I found hip hop and got stuck on that as a genre for a while, and also fell in love with bangers in hip hop and songs that just went crazy hard.

Finding Death Grips though, holy shit. It's like they scratched an itch I had been searching for. It's a perfect blend of all elements that can go into heavy music.

But after playing the shit out of every death grips record I finally got around to listening to Zach Hill's solo shit. All of it is so fucking mind blowing. As a drummer his music just clicked with me. And I'm so thankful for finding Death Grips because otherwise I might not have come across zach hill...

Dude is a fucking creative genius and just mind bending drummer. Songs like Memo to the Man, Primitives Talk, Dizzy From The Twins, Dark Art, Hindsight is Nowhere, Keep Calm and Carry On... All of these songs just fucking blow my mind away

Seeing the video for Face Tat (the song) where Zach & Carson McWhirter are playing the track

https://youtu.be/hGi9SOFX5rc

(02-24-2021, 07:45 PM)Winston Wrote: Discovering Death Grips and then discovering Zach Hill.

Basically all my life I loved heavy shit, probably because I came from family with extremely mild music tastes. Started with rock, Hey Bulldog from beatles being an early first, then I found heavy rock with AC/DC, Led Zeppelin. From there, I found heavy metal. Sabbath, maiden, system of a down, RATM, anything that goes hard.

Took a brief detour to get into dubstep / edm back when that was a huge thing because I loved the heavy electronic shit.

After that I found hip hop and got stuck on that as a genre for a while, and also fell in love with bangers in hip hop and songs that just went crazy hard.

Finding Death Grips though, holy shit. It's like they scratched an itch I had been searching for. It's a perfect blend of all elements that can go into heavy music.

But after playing the shit out of every death grips record I finally got around to listening to Zach Hill's solo shit. All of it is so fucking mind blowing. As a drummer his music just clicked with me. And I'm so thankful for finding Death Grips because otherwise I might not have come across zach hill...

Dude is a fucking creative genius and just mind bending drummer. Songs like Memo to the Man, Primitives Talk, Dizzy From The Twins, Dark Art, Hindsight is Nowhere, Keep Calm and Carry On... All of these songs just fucking blow my mind away

Seeing the video for Face Tat (the song) where Zach & Carson McWhirter are playing the track

https://youtu.be/hGi9SOFX5rc

me discovering death grips for the first time was like "yo what the fuck is this noise my head hurts this sucks" to becoming the same beast ride warned everyone about in beware lmao