• Welcome to the a2b2 discussion board
  • Check out the main site here
  • Get some merch here
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Title: DOGTOY - You Are Going to Learn What DOGTOY Really Means
Thread Modes
Music 
Soundcloud

High quality despite the silly name. The meshing of samples is pro AF, can tell they pay attention to the details.

Was thumping my cheapo speakers so I played it again through my PA. BIG difference.

Reminiscent of the "bastard pop" mashup era but I think much more modernized with rapid selection through material. Also does what I wanted breakcore to do without the glitch stutter 'stunting'. The bass and beat keeps you nodding along and the microedits are tastefully done. Noticed the cartoon all stars sample in getaway, tip of my hat. A lot like bastard pop it got me listening to stuff I wouldn't queue myself

Thanks for sharing

(10-26-2023, 10:24 PM)awesomepal131183 Wrote: High quality despite the silly name. The meshing of samples is pro AF, can tell they pay attention to the details. 

Was thumping my cheapo speakers so I played it again through my PA. BIG difference.

Reminiscent of the "bastard pop" mashup era but I think much more modernized with rapid selection through material. Also does what I wanted breakcore to do without the glitch stutter 'stunting'. The bass and beat keeps you nodding along and the microedits are tastefully done.  Noticed the cartoon all stars sample in getaway, tip of my hat. A lot like bastard pop it got me listening to stuff I wouldn't queue myself

Thanks for sharing

Yeah of course I agree for the most part its a solid tape has its own voice but the production can be messy and harsh clips a bit too much.

Hey I could see that. Everything can be improved if you look hard enough. On its own you could call it messy but as far as mashups mixes go it was clean as a whistle. I suppose it could be polished more, trimmed down to the basics for mass consumption but I didn't feel like it was for them. I dig mashups but too often they rely on glitching for no reason. To me it demonstrates skill not to have to rely on glitching EVERYTHING as is the case with most unknown mashup artists you see on Soundcloud

Soundcloud has dumped a ton of mashups into my algorithm and I got to say this really does hold its own. Mashup artists of today are guilty of glitching too much but also doing too little. I can tell whoever made this loves sound and maybe studied or admires music concrete.

If you have anything else like this please do share on the forum. Like many here I am always looking for new music. My spotify unwrapped had like 2500 artists on it last year and I don't think I'm anywhere close this year across all platforms

(10-29-2023, 02:54 PM)awesomepal131183 Wrote: Soundcloud has dumped a ton of mashups into my algorithm and I got to say this really does hold its own. Mashup artists of today are guilty of glitching too much but also doing too little. I can tell whoever made this loves sound and maybe studied or admires music concrete.

If you have anything else like this please do share on the forum. Like many here I am always looking for new music. My spotify unwrapped had like 2500 artists on it last year and I don't think I'm anywhere close this year across all platforms

Sorry for the late response but honestly I listen to mostly contemporary artists I got lucky with this one because I live like 30 mins from them. Maybe something like EVABOY - GMAIL AUTO SHOP STEVE JOBS

Still rocking this in my car
[Image: thinkerhoathinh.gif]

(11-05-2023, 10:39 AM)Voodudee Wrote:
(10-29-2023, 02:54 PM)awesomepal131183 Wrote: Soundcloud has dumped a ton of mashups into my algorithm and I got to say this really does hold its own. Mashup artists of today are guilty of glitching too much but also doing too little. I can tell whoever made this loves sound and maybe studied or admires music concrete.

Sorry for the late response but honestly I listen to mostly contemporary artists I got lucky with this one because I live like 30 mins from them. Maybe something like EVABOY - GMAIL AUTO SHOP STEVE JOBS

Evaboy fucks- remember when I first heard this track it was a muggy, gray cloudy morning downtown.

https://youtu.be/8U8_VwlqqL8 (never stop loving you)

Dogtoy and Evaboy get lots of plays from me. Thanks a2b2 for making this place what it is so we can share such cool stuff
[Image: thinkerhoathinh.gif]